I can look at what it would cost me to buy it from work if you want. How much are you looking to spend?
apparently...my driver side door wiring harness is no good. Called Renton honda for a pricing on a brand new one and they said $150!!!!!!! So...if anyone has a 94 driver side door wiring harness that did not come with factory power door locks...please let me know. Or if yallz can shoot me in the right direction from some other kind of dealer with better pricing on a new piece...i'd appreciate it. my damn window is pissin me off!!!! [img]mad.gif[/img]
I can look at what it would cost me to buy it from work if you want. How much are you looking to spend?
What's all is not working, mirrors, windows (which ones). Just a check is the switch at the bottom in the up or down position?
Geo
President
Team Sol of Washington
![]()
well the bottom plug wasn't fitting at all. the top plug seemed to control the windows. Initially, i was able to roll my driver side window up but then not down. It kinda seemed like the plug was just dirty. but what i'm guessing the biggest problem is that my car's a 94 and the new door i bought was prolly off of a 97 i believe.
I went to u-fix-it honda and bought a used one for $50 which is still a rip in the ass for what it is if you ask me. I'll go ahead and try this harness out to see if i have any luck. if not...i guess i'll need a price quote on a new one.
I think we have a meet idea for october then [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, it doesn't matter which year the door is from, the pins/connection are in the same place each year, if you have a newer door with say power door locks, you will have extra pins on the one side which will not cause any problems as they don't connect to anything.Originally posted by Geo 94:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pLaYbOi:
well the bottom plug wasn't fitting at all. the top plug seemed to control the windows. Initially, i was able to roll my driver side window up but then not down. It kinda seemed like the plug was just dirty. but what i'm guessing the biggest problem is that my car's a 94 and the new door i bought was prolly off of a 97 i believe.
I went to u-fix-it honda and bought a used one for $50 which is still a rip in the ass for what it is if you ask me. I'll go ahead and try this harness out to see if i have any luck. if not...i guess i'll need a price quote on a new one.
As to not being able to roll it in the down position, maybe one of the pins got bent because it was not tight or a pin came loose on one side of the connector. You will have to see if all the pins are tight and at the same height or bent by taking it apart again, I know it's a pain to do, I just changed my connectors and still have some problems with two wires, I'll be taking a look at later when I have some down time.
Hope that helps a bit on this for you Ed. I've been there, done that. Maybe if we have a"Fix-it" meet I can help you out with it.
Geo
President
Team Sol of Washington
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, it doesn't matter which year the door is from, the pins/connection are in the same place each year, if you have a newer door with say power door locks, you will have extra pins on the one side which will not cause any problems as they don't connect to anything.Originally posted by pLaYbOi:
well the bottom plug wasn't fitting at all. the top plug seemed to control the windows. Initially, i was able to roll my driver side window up but then not down. It kinda seemed like the plug was just dirty. but what i'm guessing the biggest problem is that my car's a 94 and the new door i bought was prolly off of a 97 i believe.
I went to u-fix-it honda and bought a used one for $50 which is still a rip in the ass for what it is if you ask me. I'll go ahead and try this harness out to see if i have any luck. if not...i guess i'll need a price quote on a new one.
As to not being able to roll it in the down position, maybe one of the pins got bent because it was not tight or a pin came loose on one side of the connector. You will have to see if all the pins are tight and at the same height or bent by taking it apart again, I know it's a pain to do, I just changed my connectors and still have some problems with two wires, I'll be taking a look at later when I have some down time.
Hope that helps a bit on this for you Ed. I've been there, done that. Maybe if we have a"Fix-it" meet I can help you out with it.
Geo
President
Team Sol of Washington
![]()
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think?Originally posted by yokohamatyre:
I think we have a meet idea for october then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Geo
President
Team Sol of Washington
![]()
hahahah good news. Looks like Geo hit it right on the nail. I had a partially bent connector and the other platic plug was slitghly pinched/bent prolly from me closing the door on it wrong. Oh well...the old wires work so looks like i have to make the trip back to u-fix-it honda and get my $53 back -$10 for restocking =/ .
Bookmarks